http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/08/campbell.brown.that.one/index.html
This story was about race-baiting. this is when either a candidate or the party it running for uses words or phrases to implicate racist thoughts. In the article it talks about Sen. John McCain calling Sen. Barack Obama, Barack "Hussein"Obama, but I'm going to focus on the part were they talk about the things he said in the recent presidential debate. I feel the reporter of the story was right that we as a people need to use are head when we read or hear some things.
McCain said, It was an energy bill on the floor of the senate, loaded down with goodies. Billions for the oil companies. And it was sponsored by Bush and Cheney. You know who voted for it? Might never know. That one." Some people have been in a uproar about the statement "that one." I feel it was very disrespectful, but far from racist. It would make no sense to me for McCain to say a racist statement on television. I feel that would be the worst mistake he could make in his road to the white house. I think people need to focus less on on the racial aspects of the race and look into what the issue are.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment