Thursday, October 2, 2008

Pirates

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/africa/10/01/somalia.piracy.ap/index.html


this story is about pirates hijacking a of the Ukrainian cargo ship MV Faina  which is carrying 33 Soviet-made T-72 tanks.
I think that it's amazing that there are still pirates out there in the world. The pirates in this story are no small time criminals. I feel that in takes a lot of planning and weapons to take over a ship that size. I herd of people hijacking cruse ships and other smaller sailboats, but never ships this size. These pirates are no Captain Jacks, They are coming on to ships willing to kill people and get what they want at all cost. I feel that the United States is doing a good job of keeping the pirates on the ship and not letting them unload the heavy weapons off the ship. I'm wondering why is there better protection for ship carrying such dangerous weapon and machines. this Area of the world is were a lot of money for terrorism comes from. I think that with better security in the water that less of this kind of actions will happen. 

No comments: